Office Address: Aula Dottorandi e Dottori di Ricerca
Dipartimento di studi politici e sociali, Università di Pavia
Via Strada Nuova, 65, 27100 Pavia (PV) Italy
Office E-Mail: angelo . scotto01 AT universitadipavia . it
– University of Bologna, 2004-2007: Bachelor’s degree in Cultures and Human Rights.
– University of Bologna, 2007-2009: Master’s degree in Local and International Cooperation and Development.
– ASVI – School for Management & Social Change, Rome, 2010-2011: Master’s degree in Europroject Management.
– University of Pavia, 2012: “Cultore della materia” (honorary fellow) in Political Science.
– University of Pavia, 2010-2013: Ph.D. in Political Science. (dissertation: Le politiche locali per gli immigrati nelle province di Foggia e Pavia, supervisor: Professor Mignone Andrea, University of Genova)
Other training activities
– ISPI – Institute for International Political Studies, 2010: Summer school in Development.
– Gritim-Upf / Imiscoe, 2012: Ph.D. Summer school in Theoretical and Methodological Approaches in Migration Studies.
– ECPR – European Consortium for Political Research, 2013: Summer School in Methods and Techniques (Introduction to SPSS; Multivariate Statistical Analysis and Comparative Crossnational Surveys Data).
Political activity of Non-profit Organizations.
Environmentalist and Green parties.
New forms of political engagement.
Local development policies.
– 10 November 2012, Il privato sociale nelle politiche pubbliche dell’immigrazione: i casi di Pavia e Foggia, presentation for the master “Immigration and gender” organized by the Department of Social and Political Sciences of the University of Pavia.
– 22 April 2013, Focusing on the emergencies or on their roots? The role of non profit associations in immigrant policymaking in Italy, presentation at the department of Politicologie of the University of Amsterdam.
– Exam assistant for the class in Political Science by Professor Battegazzorre Francesco, University of Pavia.
– Interviewer for the National Surveys about Democratic Party primary elections in 2012 (Manfredonia, Apulia) and 2013 (Voghera, Lombardia) organized by the research group Candidate & Leader Selection (coordinator: Professor Venturino Fulvio, University of Cagliari)
CHAPTERS IN BOOKS
with De Luca R., Anastasi A., 2013, Primarie e politiche 2012-2013, tra effetti virtuosi e veti incrociati: un’analisi territoriale dei risultati, in Gelli, B., Mannarini, T., Talò, C. (eds.), Perdere vincendo. Dal successo delle primarie 2012 all’impasse post-elettorale, Milano, Angeli.
Il privato sociale nelle politiche pubbliche dell’immigrazione: i casi di Pavia e Foggia, XXVI SISP Conference, 13-15 September 2012 (English: Non-profit sector in migration public policies: the cases of Pavia and Foggia)
Focusing on the emergencies or on their roots? The role of non profit associations in immigrant policymaking in Italy, ECPR General Conference, 4-7 September 2013
Castles S, Miller MJ, 2012 (Italian edition), The Age of Migration: International Population Movements in the Modern World, Bologna, Odoya. Review on “Etnografia e ricerca qualitativa”, issue 3, September-December 2012
Nyers P (ed), 2012. Citizenship, migrant activism and the politics of movement. London, Routledge. Review on “Political studies review”, vol. 11 issue 2, May 2013
“Elezioni amministrative 2011: i risultati di Sinistra ecologia libertà”, Studi e Proiezioni Elettorali (May 19th, 2011)
2011- Volunteer for “Libera. Associazioni, nomi e numeri contro le mafia” in Pavia.
2004-2005 Volunteer for “ExAequo” (fair trade store) in Bologna.
2002-2004 Volunteer for “Operazione Mato Grosso” in Foggia.
Native language: Italian.
Fluent spoken and written English.
Basic knowledge of Spanish and French.
Knowledge and use of Office.
Knowledge and use of SPSS software.
Knowledge and use of SurveyMonkey software.
Knowledge and use of MIPEX.
European driving licence B.
Experience of working in team.